How would you explain yourself to a stranger? If I were to ask you three words to describe yourself, what would they be? These are simple ways for me to get a quick snapshot into who you are as a person, and that is exactly what your bio should be! It is the easiest way for your clients to learn about you, your background, and your experience. A bio is important to gain credibility and allow your clients to understand why you do what you do!
What it should include:
– Your name
– Where you are from
– Why/how you got into barre fitness
– What people can expect from your class
Additional things you can add:
– Your most exciting achievements
– Any additional degrees or certifications you may want people to know about
– Your past fitness experience
– A fun fact about you
What to steer clear of:
– Negativity! No need to tell your clients what you dislike; let’s keep it positive!
– Unnecessary information. Your bio shouldn’t be an essay about your background,
just a quick snapshot into your life and experience!
Keep in mind: you are worth it, you are valuable, and you know what you’re talking about! You’ve put in the time to become a barre instructor, use this time to celebrate yourself, and share your gifts with the world!